Wednesday, January 5, 2011

sugar bowl blues

Good morning y'all!  I know it isn't the best of mornings for you hog fans out there, last night was a very tough loss.  I even transitioned into an Arkansas fan with a little help of some decorating -







And when pre-game started I was even more inclined to cheer on our 'home' state when I saw that there were Bama fans there!!  Way to represent!



Before the game started we made our predictions, all predictions had to have Arkansas winning. (unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of everyone's predictions - sorry)
We got ready for dinner - Arkansas style, classy but here to party!  The drinks were set up and the hot dog buns were placed on their silver platter.







Arkansas even scored a touchdown and we still watched in disbelieve as Ohio State took the W.
(first real view of the 2nd floor)
All was not lost, I made a fantastic homemade relish that was just super yummy - will share tomorrow!!

2 comments:

  1. So cute!!! We had a mini party of our own but the decorations didn't even compare to yours! Probably because we didn't have any! :) I loooove that chalkboard. Did you make that? If not, where did you get it! I'm looking for a cute chalkboard to put in our hideous kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I got it in Prairie Grove at my favorite antique store - Daisy + Olive's. We used it at the wedding, it was a horrid pink before I painted it green - and now it's fabulous. I love chalk boards in kitchens - a must. I'll keep an eye out for you!

    ReplyDelete