Good Morning y'all! For the Sugar Bowl we had several friends over for a 'classy' hot dog dinner at half time, complete with backed beans and queso + Frito Scoops. I'm a huge fan of relish, well actually anything pickle - I think they are the miracle food - a pickle cure-all, they fix everything. Well low and behold I grabbed everything at the grocery store except my favorite hot dog topping relish - damn! Time to get creative. Luckily my mother-in-law had given us another jar of Wickles Pickles (if you haven't tried these yet, do it NOW!) - they are FABULOUS! Searching through the fridge for items that could be combines with my Wickles for a more grown-up hot dog topping...
This recipe made plenty for 10 dogs+
You're going to need a knife, cutting board, + med/small mixing bowl (preferably one with a lid)
Ingredients
8-10 Wickles
6 baby tomatoes
1/3 cup chopped purple onion
3-4 green onions for chives
1 tablespoon chopped basil
1/4 tablespoon garlic salt
1/4 tablespoon crushed red pepper/cayanne
drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Chop everything into chunks, big enough that it's rustic but small enough to fit on a hot dog. Mix everything together in mixing bowl - DONE!
How easy was that? I like to have my dog with this rustic ready relish and yellow mustard - perfect. It's even better the next day. Enjoy.

Yum, that looks, and sounds delicious!
ReplyDelete