Monday, January 3, 2011

resolutions make me nervous

I think I am more nervous trying to decided what things are so important in my life that I need to make a New Years Resolution for than actually trying to accomplish them.  And I enjoy making lists.  This just doesn't make sense.  Maybe I am 'afraid' or not ready to grow up or move on from the previous year?  Or maybe its just that I build things up so much in my head that nothing could ever compare and I'm reluctant to think that this new year will be the same.  Well I'm going to make my 2011 New Years Resolutions anyway, even if I don't have any finger nails by the time the list is typed up.  Lets see 11 resolutions for 2011?

1.  Get healthy (lose weight) - this is starting to get ridiculous on my part, really how I can be this way still?  I must do something, planning a wedding didn't help - I really need a good swift kick in the arse. Hopefully my new membership to Mojo Hot Yoga will help.  So far I'm absolutely in love, just ask anyone - I tell everyone!

2.  Get healthy (eat better) + cook more - yes this is kind of a 1b, but with a plus!  Brad and I cook quite a bit, but I would really like to cook things that are better for us and really take more risks with our cooking.

3.  Blog more about cooking + crafting - I know I should do this more, because I really do enjoy it - cooking and blogging.

4.  Photography - learn more about photography, get a brand spankin' new kick ass camera - in the works!  Take way more pictures than I took this past year (sad how little pictures I took of the wedding planning process and the wedding)

5.  SAVE - Brad and I really need to get a budget that works going and save more, there is so much we would like to do that we really need to save.

6.  Be happier (and nicer).  Yes I really do, I'm not really a negative person, all the time.  I need to be happier everyday.  I smile a lot, but I should smile more.

7.  Rough draft for life.  Life has changed quite a bit in the past 5 years and I would like to sit down again, with my new hubby and figure out a rough draft for our life together - now, later, maybe?  What are our goals and put it to a time line in pencil and work towards those things. 

8.  Find passion.  Yes I love my husband and we are very passionate, but I mean passion in life.  I don't know what I want to do for a career - there are so many things that I would love to do but don't know how to do it.

9.  Find more girlfriends.  I love the girlfriends that I do have, but I would like more - especially some that are in Fayetteville.

10.  Dust more.  This really needs to be done more often, seriously how do things get so dusty so fast?  To make this more enjoyable I did find a new Pledge that I'm in love with - lavender scented Pledge for multi-surfaces, it's amazing.  I just need to keep a bottle in every room and dust every time I enter.

11.  Find more adventure.  I love hiking and camping and traveling, I need to do this more.  I didn't go camping once in 2010, sad especially when I live in the Ozarks - amazing trails and camping sites (K'dee me and you).  I also want to travel to places that I haven't been.  Not that I don't enjoy weekend trips to Batesville or just staying around town, but it's getting a little old - we didn't even go play in Little Rock or Eureka last year.  And to top that off Fayetteville has non-stop cheap flights to Orlando (Lowry), Las Vegas, LA (dad + friends), and Phoenix (grand canyon).  We must travel more.

Well it's in print now, there is no going back - lets see what I (we) can accomplish!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your goals, and I can relate to so many of them...cooking more, dusting more. :) I love your desire to find more girlfriends and to be passionate about life itself.

    In regards to #11 - have you ever gone skiing? Over Christmas break, my husband and I took our kids to Hidden Valley here in Missouri and had an amazing day. My 7 and 9 year olds were first-time skiiers (and I LOOKED like a first-time skiier!) We made memories I know will carry us through to next Christmas break.

    Enjoy your day!
    Christan

    ReplyDelete