Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day 1 - Holiday Season closing in...



Good Morning All!

So I've decided, about 5 minutes ago, that I wanted to start a Blog to keep my family and whomever else is interested in the Day to Day or could be Week to Week events of my life as of now. (I really don't know how long I will keep this up, but I will try my best)

Lets see - currently working in Prairie Grove still w/ Specialty Nail Company and still coaching gymnastics (currently tumble bugs 3-4 yr olds and tumbling). We manufacture nails - bulk and collated for the nail guns. We also produce the black 'Made in USA' boxes for Hitatchi and several other well known brands in the industry. We recently, over the summer, took on the challenge of rebranding and acquiring a new logo - my logo won (I've never done logo generating before, but it was quite fun).

Still on the work subject, I just got back last Wednesday from a trade show in Atlanta - STAFDA (Specialty Tool and Fasteners Distributors Association). It was a good second show, people were less down and more optomistic than they were last year and already in a week, we have seen an increase in sales - great news for the economy. While I was there I was able to see my college roommate, Duff for a night - which was soooo much fun and can't wait to see her again, hopefully soon. We watched Alabama take on LSU to win their 9th game (UNDEFEATED).

Since I have obviously jumped on the subject of football - ROLL TIDE! Bama won this past weekend (big game, haha - Miss. State) to still be undefeated 10-0. Bama's game with LSU clinched their spot as SEC West Champs and are bound for Atlanta to battle Florida (who is also undefeated) December 5th for the SEC Championship game. I would really like to go to this game, but we will see. Tickets are outrageous, so if we made it all the way to the ATL, we probably wouldn't make it in. Bama plays UTC this weekend in Tuscaloosa and Brad and I are going to Little Rock, AR for the Arkansas - Miss. State game and meet up with his parents. Should be a good weekend.

I should probably get back to the title of this Blog, Holiday Season! Brad and I are going to Batesville for Thanksgiving with his family. He will be there all week and I will show up on Wednesday with pie and appetizers. We have our house slightly decorated for Thanksgiving, its quite hard to decorate for Thanksgiving I think. I will post more pictures of what I have around the house.



I can't wait to decorate for Christmas. I woke up yesterday morning already in the mood for Christmas carols. Christmas break for work is from December 24 - January 3rd, plans are still in the beginning stages. The Lights of the Ozarks on the square come on this weekend and I'm so excited to head back down there again. We love the square in Fayetteville - its where we go to the Farmer's Market and some of our favorite restaurants are located their. Last night it got quite cold - low 30s and today we are expecting a wintry mix...our first 'snow' fall! Clyde was up early this morning and of course wouldn't go outside without putting a sweater on - he has a new one from Wal-Mart, I'll post later.

We'll I better get to work...lots to do :-)
Hope everyone has a great day!

1 comment: