So last weekend I decided to take a trip to see my MOH, Lowry in Florida. I really needed some sand, get time to hang out with my BFF, and do some pre-wedding shopping. And, you'll be proud of me or yet I was proud of myself, brought my book - Eat, Pray, Love - that I have been trying to read for the past 2 or 3 months, hush it - I'm a slow reader, whatever. So yes, I did - I brought the book with me and actually read it on the plane on the way there. Can't say it ever really saw daylight after that; come on there were more important things to do. Like what you may ask, as I get off subject for a second or two - well like getting Lowry's truck out of the sand on the beach,
weighing the pro's and con's of taking my keys out to the bar when I knew I shouldn't have brought them in the first place (FYI - they are still in Florida), you know - stuff like that. Back on track - I got quite a bit of reading done on the 2 hour plane ride from NWArkansas to Orlando (amazing flights by the way - Allegiant, check them out). In the book, she is still in Italy and has had some major break throughs, like finding the most amazing pizza place ever - I need to go, seriously. My mouth was salivating as I read her thoughts and play-by-play on the ridiculous Margarita Pizza. There were some parts that I was literally laughing out loud on the plane, but really didn't care. Ok, it was a Thursday at like 10:30 am and I really haven't had a vacation in quite some time, so I had a Jake and Coke - YUM! But the girl sitting across the aisle from me was reading the same book and looked like she was fairly close to the same chapter; made me feel like I was watching a movie with someone. I'll share my favorite quotes as soon as I dig the book out of my carry on, which I hope my keys are miraculously in; keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:
Post a Comment