So, Brad bought me a book. And yes I plan to read it - actually have already started. I actually saw the trailer for the movie, before I saw the book. But that's the way I work. I have a feeling that this book/movie is really going to get to me (much like Into the Wild). I hope I don't do anything stupid. But over the last few weeks, I have been super restless - probably because I need to get up earlier and go work out, enjoy more sunshine, eat more fruit, and just play more in general.
I have yet to download the pictures from this past weekend, so until then - enjoy the trailer and maybe go pickup a copy of 'Eat, Pray, Love' and read it with me... so until I get the pictures uploaded, this is what I think of the book so far:
1. I hate reading at night. I can't think, let alone read and then remember what I've read.
2. I'm great at reading and running on the elliptical - thank you college. I have yet to start this again, but with this book - I know I can.
3. I love the author already, she wrote for GQ - I love guy magazines 10x more than girls, so what. She writes like I do, just bigger and better placed words.
4. The author, Elizabeth - which I found out this weekend will be my niece's name, and I have (within the first 20 pages) similar views on god, religion, and life. I do not however call myself a Christian, where she says she always have, but doesn't believe in Jesus as the son of god and only way to heaven. We will see where this takes us.
5. I can't think of anything. I just know that I am sick of myself, I don't know how to change, or I do and maybe I just don't want to. I really don't know. Hopefully some good will come out of reading - maybe?

I've been wanting to read this book, as well. it will have to wait until i finish the 4 books i have already started, though.
ReplyDeletei like where you say you are tired of yourself. because i feel the same way a lot of the times (about myself, not you, of course). i think it's a rut i'm in. hopefully my upcoming life changes will fix this. and maybe becoming an allen will change it for you (because, from personal experience, being an allen is pretty awesome!)
i hope to see you guys soon.