Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Wedding: The Finds (Part 1)
We first found our wedding photographer - Benfield was an easy choice, once you've blog-stalked them for even a day you're hooked. Dale & Mere do some of the most beautiful work I've ever seen. Make sure you check them out! Brad and I looked at several different types of locations, but knew in our hearts that an outdoor wedding and preferably a barn (well I guess to be honest, it's what I visioned and Brad agreed enthusiastically). We found Pratt Place Inn & Barn and Stables on the Hill for possible options of barns in NWArkansas, oddly enough there aren't too many barns to rent out in the area - huh? Not a month after we got married we took a trip down the Hazen and to Low's Bridal in Brinkley with a group of boys and K'dee and I. We hung out with Brad's grandmother, ate at Stan's, and went to the horse races the next day. See 'Finding the Dress' for more details on how that went down, but after I found THE dress that weekend, K'dee and I knew that the Stables was THE place. The two together were meant for each other. Other top favorites were: Creekwood Gardens, Magnolia Gardens, and St. Catherine's at Bell Gable. We decided on Stables on the Hill because of price, availability, the amazing people running it, and flexibility. Unfortunately Pratt Place and their gorgeous red barn are always booked over game weekends :-( So that was pretty much a no go, since we decided that the Alabama/Arkansas football weekend, the weekend we consider our anniversary anyway would be the most appropriate time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment